Are you looking for the best wine coolers for your small wine collection, say between 6 to 18 bottle wine refrigerators?
We will in this post guide you with reviews from top rated brands and models so that you can make a wise buying decision.
What is the reason why most wine enthusiast buy a wine cooler that can hold small capacity of wines? The reason most times is that they own a small collection and want to keep them at the optimum temperature.
It is not only people that have a small collection of wine that buy small wine refrigerator, some people already have wine cellars with large collection but still go for a 6 bottle wine fridge. The reason is mostly either they have a more expensive wine that they want to store separately or just need something to keep a small collection of wine close to them for quick reach and consumption.
Every wine lover understands the importance of wine coolers and how it helps in storing their collection over a long period of time keeping them in a state that retains their flavor and bouquet.
The temperature is not the only reason for wine coolers, the storage humidity is another reason. At proper humidity, you can be sure that as your wine age properly the cork will remain in perfect state.
If you admire these reasons then you know that investing in a small wine refrigerator, small wine cooler or small wine cellar will be a wise idea.
Most small wine coolers and refrigerator can hold between 6 to 18 bottles of normally sized red and white wine. Their design makes fitting them into small spaces in your home, kitchen or office quite easy and most obvious factor is that they cost much less than larger wine fridges.
Some people make the mistake of confusing their regular home refrigerator or beverage cooler for a wine cooler. This is not true because unlike a wine fridges, these regular refrigerator store cans and other beverages at a more lower temperature than what is needed to store bottled contents and your wine.
What Is The Perfect Temperature To Store Your Wine Collection In A Cooler
For your wine collection to be stored at the best environment, the storage temperature should be between 53 to 57 degrees Fahrenheit. This is the temperature that is inbuilt into wine fridges unlike your regular refrigerator that cools its contents at a much lower temperature.
Another reason to invest in a wine cooler is for the main purpose that they don’t oxidize your wine collection and stop their aging process. Your regular fridges will do this for you if you store your wine in them.
Colder temperature also means drier air which can dry out the cork which will in turn damage your wine. the breakdown of your wine cork exposes the wine to the oxidation that takes place in the regular refrigerator.
What about the humidity? The perfect humid condition that does not affect your wines storage, aging and flavor is between 50% to 80% humidity level. You cannot get this condition in your beverage refrigerator or regular fridges. As a matter of fact, the major reason why you need to store you wines in a cooler specifically designed for it is because you need it stored in a condition that is constant. Swinging temperature and humidity is not good for proper storage of your wine.
Quality Conditions You Should Look Out For Before Buying A Wine Coolers
- UV Protection
This is another information that every wine lover should have at heart. UV rays have been known to negatively affect the quality of your wine. this is why if you are storing your wine in a cooler placed where sunlight hits it, you will need a wine fridge that is designed with glass door that has UV resistance capabilities.
Do not mistake clear glass door wine fridges as being unable to protect your wine from UV rays. You should read the specifications at the site before you come to a conclusion because most of them are being designed with anti UV technology even though they are clear glass doors.
- Wine Storage
If you are going for a small wine cooler you also have to put into consideration that number of wine you intend to store a time. The shelves will also determine that – while some might require that you remove some shelves to store larger than normal bottle sized bottles like champagne, there are small wine models that can also allow you store large wine bottles without removing any shelf.
- Cooling Technology
There are two cooling systems in the wine cooler technology and they are the compressor based cooling system and the thermoelectric cooling system.
Both have their pros and cons so do not make the mistake of thinking that one is better than the other in all specification. Though your preference can be based on personal decision and lifestyle.
For wine coolers that store large wine collections, a compressor based cooling technology will be recommended but since we are talking about small wine refrigerator here then we will recommend thermoelectric based cooling system.
If you are a reader that doesn’t know the different between both types of cooling system then allow me give you a brief explanation.
Compressor based cooling system:
Every compressor based wine cooler comes with a fan as the means of cooling sytem. So when you have this kind of fridge then you must get used to the humming sound that comes with the fans doing its job. If you value silence then you don’t need this one and even though you must go for one then placing it in the living room area where sounds the humming sound can be negligible will be the right move.
Thermoelectric cooling system:
There is no fan and therefore to humming sound to contend with and no vibration that can agitate the sediments in your wine. The only downside to this type of model of wine cooler is that they need to be placed where they will get lots of ventilation because they can’t work in a home where there heat is high or fluctuates.
This is another plus for getting a compressor based cooling system wine fridge because they can work perfectly under any condition.
- Design and Style
Now it doesn’t matter whether you are going for a compact or large models of wine coolers, everyone will want something that will add some form of sleek touch to their décor.
So you might want to check out the internal lighting, UV protection system, and tinted door which helps in showing off your collection beautifully as the lighting comes on.
If you choose the right small wine cooler, you can be sure to make an impression before your guests as the small wine fridge will sure add some exotic touch to your home.
Now let us take a look at 7 of the top rated small wine refrigerators.
Small Wine Coolers: 7 Of The Top Best Small Wine Fridges
- Wine Enthusiast 272 03 07 Silent 6-Bottle Touchscreen Wine Cooler in Black
Wine Enthusiast 272 03 07 Silent 6-Bottle Touchscreen wine cooler is one of the smallest wine refrigerators of its class and model. Coming with a sleek black color design it comes with a touchscreen temperature control and it can be used to store 6 of your favorite wine bottles keeping them in perfect condition for as long as you want them to age.
Small enough to fit into any spare space you have in your home, this wine cooler can also look good on your countertop. It features a designer styling with a reflective smoked-glass door. The temperature control is external making it easy to set you’re your storage temperature for your wine the way you like to take it.
The cooling technology is of the thermoelectric make so you don’t have to worry about unwanted humming sound and little or no agitation of your wine throughout the storage period.
- Can store up to 6 Bordeaux sized bottles of wine, comes with thermoelectric cooling system and a freestanding countertop fridge.
- The design is sleek and has a protective reflective smoked-glass thermopane door and has a stainless steel trim and recessed handle.
- Stores you wine in a condition that preserves the flavor and taste for as long as you want to age them. There is no vibration so no agitation of your wine sediments so they all remain the way they are stored.
- Removable chrome shelves makes loading and rearranging your cooler for larger bottles easy.
- Interior LED lighting highlights your collection
- ETL Approved
- Dimensions are 16H x 10-1/2W x 19-5/8D inches
- 1-Year limited warranty
- AKDY Black Freestanding Thermoelectric Counter Dual Zone Wine cooler Cellar
This is another compact small wine cooler that has protective double-paned glass door that helps retain the internal temperature for as long as possible. The AKDY Black Freestanding Thermoelectric Counter Dual Zone Wine cooler Cellar is one fridge that any wine enthusiast that want to store their collection for a long period of time should look into.
It maintains a temperature range of 44 and 66 degrees Fahrenheit and can store up to 8 bottles of wine horizontally on twin win shelves in a perfectly chilled, vibration free condition.
The interior lighting is quite attractive in a way that illuminates your collection making them look attractive from an external point of view.
- 12-bottle, thermoelectric, quiet, vibration-free compact, countertop wine chiller
- Modern, sleek all-black design
- Twin, removable metal shelves accommodate horizontal storage of your red and white wine collection
- Double paned, mirrored-finish glass, high-grade ABS door keeps the temperature constant within the unit
- Convenient touchscreen LED display temperature control adjusts temperature between 44 and 66 degrees F
- Switchable blue-hued LED fully illuminating the interior showing your wine in the best light
- Adjustable legs allow for this unit to be used on slopes and help maintain a vibration free environment
- Measures 16.14W x 20.27L x 10.83H inches and weighs in at 20.5 lbs.
- ETL Compliance with US and Canada Safety Standards
- 1-Year limited parts warranty
- Haier HVTEC18DABS 18-Bottle Dual Zone Wine Cellar
This is another special model in our list of small wine coller collections. Right here is a dual-zone wine cooler, the Haier HVTEC18DABS 18-Bottle Dual Zone Wine Cellar that enables you store different bottles of wine at different temperature based on your need.
It has a black sleek look and features a double-paned insulated glass door. The storage system comes with a five full-width chrome storage shelves that are removable which allows continuous air circulation around your wine bottles.
- Can store up to 18 bottles of regular sized wine and with its thermoelectric technology, you never have to worry about noise of vibrations that agitates your wine.
- Both layers of the dual-zone storage comes with their independent temperature adjustment switch. The upper layer has (46 – 66 degrees F) and lower compartment (54 – 66 degrees F) which allows you store different bottles of wines at different desired temperature.
- The sleek black styling with amber-tinted glass double-pane insulated curved door makes this wine refrigerator look so attractive that it adds some exotic touch to your décor.
- Five full width chrome storage racks provide better air circulation around your wine bottles
- A cool blue interior light highlights your collection
- Dimensions are 9.9W x 20.3D x 37.2H inches
- Wine Enthusiast 18-Bottle Touchscreen Wine Refrigerator
For this model of wine cooler, you have for yourself a dual-zone, independent temperature-controlled cooler to help you store your collection at optimum temperature.
It can contain 18 bottles of your favorite wine storing them in two different temperature settings that can be controlled using a convenient external touchscreen panel.
Its compact style enables this wine cooler fit into any small space you can spare in your living room or kitchen.
- Can store up to 18 bottles of your favorite wine in its dual-zone compartment so you can cool two types of wine at different temperatures.
- The thermoelectric cooling systems deal with sound disturbances and vibration issues so you don’t have to worry about agitation.
- Stylish reflective, smoked-glass, insulated thermopane door with stainless stell trim gives this wine fridge that sleek touch that adds some exotic touch to your home.
- Two separate, independent temperature-controlled, 8-bottle top compartment (54-66 degrees F) and 10-bottle bottom compartment (46-66 degrees F).
- Contains 7 removable chrome shelves that provides continous air circulation for your wine to retain its coolness.
- Convenient exterior digital touchscreen control
- Interior LED lighting
- ETL approved
- Dimensions are 37-1/2H x 9-7/8W x 20-1/4D inches and weighs in at 36 lbs.
- 1-Year limited warranty
- Avanti EWC1201 12-Bottle Countertop Wine Cooler
This wine cooler stores up to 12 bottles of your favorite wine in two separate independent temperature –controlled compartments. It also allows you store up to 4 of your already opened wine bottles standing.
Its design is stylish and sleek and it has a modern curved glass door and classic black cabinet with platinum finished accent that adds some exotic touch to your home décor.
The soft touch temperature control for both compartments is conveniently integrated to make it easy for you to adjust to your preferred temperature.
- Can store up to 12 bottles and its thermoelectric cooling technology ensure that you don’t have to worry about sound issue and vibrations that agitates wine.
- Can store up to 8 bottles of wine horizontally for aging and 4 already opened bottled standing.
- Has a convenient auto-defrost system and comes with a dimension of 25.25H x 10W x 20.25D inches and it weighs in at 27 lbs.
- Stylish, modern curved glass door and classic black cabinet with platinum-finished accents.
- Kalamera KRC-18SZB 18-Bottle Stainless Steel Wine Cooler
This single-zone model of small wine cooling system comes with a comes with a compressor base technology that allows you store up to 18 bottles of your favorite wines.
Some of its features are its sliding Benchwood storage racks, modern dark 2-layers tempered glass and its sleek stainless steel door that adds some sleek touch to your décor.
Though a compression based cooling system, it comes with a technology that provided a reliable low-noise and low-vibration settings.
- Can store up to 18 bottles of wine at low- noise and low-vibration setting. It is capable of being a standalone or an under counter wine cooler.
- Has 6 wooden racks that are removable and designed to perfectly hold your bottles and enable air circulation freely around them.
- It has a modern design with a stylish 2-layered tempered dark glass that prevent moisture condensation. Its sleek stainless steel door adds up to a design that puts some sleek touch to your interior décor.
- LED control display make it easy to control temperature between 40 and 60 degrees F
- An integrated carbon filter protects against odors
- Reliable low-noise, low-vibration compressor-based cooling
- Soft blue LED lighting showcases your wine collection in the perfect light
- Dimensions are 11.6 x 33.9 x 22.4 inches
- Haier HVTEC06ABS 6-Bottle Wine Cellar
If you are looking for a quality and popular brand of small wine refrigerator then the Haier HVTEC06ABS 6-Bottle Wine Cellar is one your should go for.
It comes with an adjustable thermostate with blue LCD backlit display that controls an ultra-quiet thermoelectric technology cooling system. The portability and lightweight makes it fit for countertop placement.
Comes with two chrome shelves that enable you store up to 6 bottles of your favorite wines keeping them perfectly chilled for as long as you want to have them stored.
- 6-bottle, thermoelectric, countertop wine cooler
- Double-pane insulated glass door makes even temperature control easier
- Store your wine on two full-width chrome wire shelves that perfectly space your bottles for proper air circulation
- Adjustable digital thermostat with blue LCD backlit display controls temperature between 46 and 66 degrees F
- Ultra-quiet and vibration-free thermoelectric cooling system with manual defrost
- A curved door with smoked glass and black trimmed cabinet give this model a distinctive, modern appearance that will complement any décor
- Soft interior lighting makes it easy to organize and showcase your collection
- Measures 9.9W x 20.3D x 14.1H inches